This guide does not cover video editing as there are many different software packages to do this, but rather it will show how to add a video to YouTube.
1) To add your video using YouTube you will first need to create a free YouTube account by going to YouTube and clicking on ‘Sign Up’ at the top right of the screen.
2) Enter your details to create your YouTube account
3) Once you have entered your information you should receive an email to confirm your account and email address. This will contain a link back to YouTube which you must click on to complete the process.
Select the required option and then upload/record the video and then proceed to the next step.
Adding the video to your web page
5) Now that your video has been added to YouTube you will be able to see it by going to ‘My Videos’ under your ‘Account’. Click the video that you want to add on to your website and you will see the normal YouTube page with the video player.
The Embed option contains the HTML code which is needed to place the video onto your website.
7) Adding the code to a School Edit website
If you use School Edit as your website provider then you should add the code to the Web Editor:
Click SOURCE again and you should see your video in the page.