14 Good reasons to use Twitter for your school website
Twitter is a great broadcasting media tool and it allows for instant and global communications. Having a twitter feed on your school website can be a very useful tool and here are some suggestions as to what you might use it for:
- Promote the schools sports team results, netball, football, cricket, swimming etc..
- Increase attendance at events with promotion and links to your school website on event details and booking forms
- Broadcast great Ofsted results with a link to your results on your website
- Welcome new pupils, teachers, members of staff joining the school
- Promote school clubs and any vacancies available
- Help generate an income with promotion of breakfast and afterschool clubs
- Congratulate pupils on key achievements, reader of week, sportsperson of the week, etc.
- Promote fundraising events and drum up more funds
- Keep people informed of fundraising efforts and how their support is helping
- Give people feedback of events that have happened
- Announce new policies in place with a link to the policy on your website i.e. Uniform policy, changes to curriculum
- Promote news from School Council
- Remind people to collect school vouchers/report success or achievement
- Promote any news coverage of the school – mentions in local papers, publications etc..
Having regular updates and communications on your school website shows your school is proactively communicating with your stakeholders; pupils, parents/guardians, PTFA, School Council, local community etc..
It’s a great way to keep people informed.
If you found this Tip useful, then please give us a Like on Facebook or a Retweet on Twitter.